Finding a Builder Who Is Right for You!
The buying process can be a bit intimidating, especially if you are buying your first home. So the more knowledge you have about the process, requirements and options will make your home purchase decision easier. Here are some suggested places to start your homework:
- Local Home Builders Association - can provide a list of reputable builders along with the types of housing each firm builds.
- Better Business Bureau - a good source for checking the standing and financial stability of the building company you choose.
- Banks and Mortgage Brokers - will provide information on qualifying for a mortgage and financing options to fit your budget.
- Other New Home Buyers - serve as excellent references for finding the right builder for your new home. Visit homes built in the style that you plan to buy and find out if the owners are satisfied.
- Realtors - know the neighborhoods and can direct you to builders who work in the neighborhoods you prefer and build the styles you want.
- Real Estate Section of the Local Newspaper - provides information on the builders, the types of homes they build, location and price ranges.
Spend some time looking for the right builder for you, and you will be well on your way to your own American dream.
I Membership Information I
News & Tips I
Upcoming Events I
Builder Members I
Officers & Board Members I
Contact Us I
Home Builders Association
© 2011 Home Builders Association of the Mid-Ohio Valley
PO Box 556, Parkersburg WV 26102
Office and Fax: (304) 428-6321
Web site development by